Guidelines for Reimbursement of AGNC
It is necessary to establish a time limit on AGNC expense
claims. As of 1st September 2009, all claims forms must be received
by the AGNC treasurer within 6 months of the date on the receipt.
Those claim forms received after 6 months will not be reimbursed
unless previously agreed with the treasurer. Any question, please
contact the AGNC teasurer or a committee member.
The following guidelines for reimbursement of expenses were
agreed by the AGNC membership at the AGM on 25/09/2002. These
guidelines are intended for use by the AGNC Committee, Working
Parties convened by the AGNC and any AGNC member undertaking work
on behalf of the AGNC.
Click Here for AGNC Expenses Claim
Consideration should be given to the venue of meetings. London
may not always be the cheapest or most convenient place to meet. It
may be possible to meet at a department that does not have
representation on the group.
Length of Meeting
What length of meeting is appropriate? Groups may wish to
schedule an all day meeting occasionally if this is felt to be more
productive than a half-day
(Updated following agreement at AGNC Committee Meeting
1. A maximum limit of £250 applies for travel and accommodation
expenses(inclusive) for an individual to attend any meetings.
2. Receipts must be submitted
with all expenses.
Unfortunately no receipt = no money.
3. An attempt is made wherever possible to travel by the cheapest
means. This may require forward planning, suggestions
- Booking train tickets as soon as possible to take advantage of
reduced fares i.e. saver/apex tickets
- Explore travelling off-peak if possible/convenient
- Travel by a budget airline (this may require catching a train
from the airport to the meeting venue).
4. When travelling by car, mileage will be reimbursed in
keeping with the NHS Term & Conditions (last updated November
Up to 3,500 miles per year.
Flat rate of 45p per mile.
5. If an overnight stay is required because of the timing
of the meeting: -
· Subsistence will be paid up to £75 for overnight
accommodation for one night
· Subsistence will be paid up to £20 for an evening meal
6. Reimbursement is given for the cost of the food provided during
the meeting i.e. lunch. No other subsistence will be paid for
without prior agreement.
7. Any expense claims received which are not covered by the above
may not be paid without prior discussion with the
The setting up of the administrative bursary was agreed by the
AGNC membership at the AGM 25/09/2002
Guidelines for application
1. The administrative bursary is for one-off, non-recurrent
2. Payment will be made to individuals who are not AGNC members.
This will be in recompense for work that is felt to be over and
above the accepted work load undertaken by an AGNC member standing
on a Working Party or committee.
3. A sum of £100 will be set aside annually for each of the
· Training and Education Working Party
· Career Structure and Salary Working Party
4. If a group does not apply for the full sum of £100 within the
financial year, the balance will be lost.
5. The same conditions will apply when any new Working Parties are
6. All applications must be made in advance of the work being
carried out to ensure members are not left out of pocket.
7. All applications should be made to a committee member.
8. Payment of applications is at the discretion of the AGNC
9. Payments made for committee business must be agreed by a
majority vote of the committee and clearly minuted.
Business Guidelines for AGNC Working
1. Each Working Party nominates a liaison person who
· Provide minutes to the committee after each meeting
· Inform the Chairperson and Treasurer of the date of the next
2. All Working Parties will provide feedback to the membership at
the AGM outlining the work completed in the last year and the work
plan for the coming year.
3. The liaison person will discuss with the Treasurer how many
meetings the Working Party anticipate will be required to fulfil
their work plan. The Working Party will then be allocated a nominal
budget based on the number of meetings required and the average
cost of a meeting for that Working Party.
4. The liaison person will be kept informed of the expense budget
by the Treasurer.
5. If the Working Party decides that extra meetings are required to
fulfil their work plan, this will be discussed with the Treasurer
& Committee prior to them taking place.